[Cdt-l] Camera question

PeekTrekker4 at aol.com PeekTrekker4 at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 05:40:34 CST 2012

For a compact, non-SLR, 4-AA  (always use lithiums for hundreds of pics
from 1 set), 21X zoom, very large  screen (w/no screen surface protection),
<$300, does some video, but slightly  larger (non-pocket carry) camera, check
out the Nikon L-120, or the older L-110  (12X zoom & possibly available used
or rehabed). I'm well aware that most  hikers won't carry a somewhat larger
camera like this
    I too had a camera that got  totally submerged (in the Middle Fork
Gila, in high NM snow 2010, w/all of me  attached to it); it dried enough to
work within a few hours. It didn't survive  falling on it in 2011, but I had a
$25, 2-yr extended warranty from  WalMart, which got it fixed with no
shipping charges. The extended warranty on  the L-120 was $35 for 2 or 3 years.

Trekker

In a message dated 1/3/2012 7:54:14 P.M. Central Standard Time,