[Cdt-l] Yogi's CDT Handbook - new edition

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:04:21 CST 2012

Hello CDT folks!

The new edition of "Yogi's CDT Handbook" has just arrived!  This edition is
the first MAJOR revision since the inception of this book in 2006.  The
original hiker contributors have been put to rest.  Now the book has a new
set of contributors - 15 hikers from 2007/2008/2009/2010/2011.

The new hiker contributors are:  Boston & Cubby, Brian & Martina, Emily,
Found, Handlebar, Iceaxe, Joker, Lemstar, Out Of Order, Skygod, StarMan,
ToeK, and Voyageur.  These  hikers put a lot of time and thought into a
VERY LONG questionnaire regarding their CDT hikes.  These hiker
contributors have a wide range of age (25 years old, to 66 years old) and
hiking experience (Triple Crowners; folks who have hiked in Europe, New
Zealand, Africa, Nepal, and more; folks who have hiked extensively in the
Northeast).

The Planning Guide of this new edition is about twice as long as the
previous edition.  A large chunk of the additional pages come from adding
more general planning information (relating to gear choices and general
thru-hiking advice).  The original editions of the CDT Handbook had assumed
that the readers already had experience hiking a long trail such as the
PCT.  Now-a-days, there are more and more hikers with little or no hiking
experience choosing to hike the CDT as their first or second long hike.
 So, the CDT Handbook now includes more basic information.

The Town Guide has many changes, ‘cause stuff in these trail towns changes
all the time!  Also, some of the Planning Guide resupply tables have been
reprinted into the Town Guide.

I’m pretty excited about this edition!

A special note about shipping information:  From now until mid-February,
orders will ship within 2 business days of your order.  After that, orders
will ship probably only once per week.  I’m going hiking!  My sister takes
over the mailing while I hike, but she is unable to go to the Post Office
every day.  So, I recommend you order sometime in the next month.

More details about the book can be found here:  www.pcthandbook.com

Thanks for your support, and I sure hope you like the book.  Have a great
hike!

Yogi