[Cdt-l] A Grand Proposal...final take

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Sat Jan 21 21:55:11 CST 2012

In 1980, when I hiked it, there was little "route," that is pre-existing
trail, that went from border to border. If I was above timberline, I tried
to follow any route that was safe, and often felt a little like an early
explorer, breaking trail across the Divide, whether I was up on the ridge or
weaving through the valleys.

The Divide is a glorious challenge full of rough trail, snow, high desert,
sharp to rounded ridges in different places, interesting creek crossings,
lots of history, some road walks, a few old ghost towns, and plenty of
wildness--maybe it is meant to remain without a "freeway" of a designed
trail...

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education