[Cdt-l] Camera question

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:25:04 CST 2012

I've been using Canon's Powershot series for a few years now and they work
great on the trail, especially for a solo hiker. I have the Powershot
SX130IS. 12X optical zoom, great macro and best is the self timer. You can
customize up to a 30 second lapse and shoot dozens of photos. You can also
use it manually. I bought it at an OfficeDepot with a special deal that if
I break it within 2 years of the time I bought it, I get a complete refund.
It also came with a mini tripod I found very useful.
Takes 2 AA batteries, which when using lithium batteries it's life is
seriously extended!
As for a start date, most start between June 15th-30th.... depends on snow
in glacier, but more importantly you don't want to start too late or you'll
get stuck through the San Juans.
-speedstick

--
*Three trails, one woman. To find about more about Mary and her recent
completion of the Triple Crown visit* http://www.marriedtothetrail.com/